Feedzai - Software Engineer
Porto, Coimbra, Lisbon
java, Kubernetes, AWS, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Kafka
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
The Engineering (Tech) Team is responsible for all Feedzai product development. Together with Product Management and Data Science, they build the next generation of tools to catch fraud in real-time with a machine learning first approach. Formed by engineers and managed by engineers, at Feedzai, you will find one of the most talented teams out there, from junior to senior engineers.
They are fast-paced and provide a safe, open, and collaborative environment that encourages us to lean in, try new things and discover our potential with continuous learning for everyone.
While building the best value for their customers, you will work with a wide range of technical challenges. Such as building distributed systems that need to operate 24/7 and ultra-low latencies, solving UI/UX problems to help fraud analysts fight fraud more efficiently. In addition, designing extensive databases from relational, NoSQL and graphs, validate and develop new data science techniques and algorithms.
You are a passionate professional with the talent to push engineering excellence, challenge the status quo, and make things happen.
You will excel if you are curious, have a critical mindset, and can drive scalable technical solutions that mesh with our business goals.
Your Day to Day:
- Work iteratively within our agile teams to develop our products and underlying technical frameworks
- Write reusable and testable code using the best tools for the job and participate in code reviews
- Design & influence the future product architecture, from the data layer to service orchestration
You Have & You Know-how:
- 3+ years of experience building Java backend software or similar
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical degree (required)
- Strong coding skills and Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience in programming high-performance, concurrent server-side code
- Experience designing and building modern web applications
- Experience with modern distributed systems platforms and patterns such as Spark, RabbitMQ, Kafka or Cassandra
- Contributions to OSS projects
- Passionate desire to learn and grow
- Able to bring ideas into the team and to work out solutions to tough problems autonomously
The Product Team builds their product to disrupt the financial crime industry from a data-led approach.
They partner with our clients using a holistic lens and have result-driven solutions to manage financial risk with a cloud-first platform and a world-class UX interface. Being part of this team, you have a voice in planning, strategizing, and challenging the status quo. Your thoughts and ideas are valued.
Their fast-paced and open environment encourages us to lean in, try new things, and discover our potential. We define and act on what could be in tomorrow's world, not on what is today.