Feedzai - Senior Software Engineer
Porto, Coimbra, Lisbon
java, Kubernetes, CI/CD, AWS, Docker
Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
The Engineering (Tech) Team is responsible for all Feedzai product development. Together with Product Management and Data Science, they build the next generation of tools to catch fraud in real-time with a machine learning first approach. Formed by engineers and managed by engineers, at Feedzai, you will find one of the most talented teams out there, from junior to senior engineers.
They are fast-paced and provide a safe, open, and collaborative environment that encourages us to lean in, try new things and discover our potential with continuous learning for everyone.
While building the best value for our customers, you will work with a wide range of technical challenges. Such as building distributed systems that need to operate 24/7 and ultra-low latencies, solving UI/UX problems to help fraud analysts fight fraud more efficiently. In addition, designing extensive databases from relational, NoSQL and graphs, validate and develop new data science techniques and algorithms.
You are a passionate professional with the talent to push engineering excellence, challenge the status quo, and make things happen.
You will excel if you are curious, have a critical mindset, and can drive scalable technical solutions that mesh with our business goals.
Your Day to Day:
- Be hands-on, executing the full software development life cycle
- Coach and mentor your junior peers on code, architecture, and technology decisions
- Contribute to best practices and guidelines for software development
- Contribute to the cloud-native SaaS strategy of Feedzai
- Engage in recruiting activities that allow Feedzai to draw top talent
- Providing support and improvements to our production clients
You Have & You Know-how:
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, or a similar technical degree
- 5+ years experience with large-scale systems dealing with a large user-base
- 5+ years experience in a platform or DevOps/SRE team in a SaaS environment and supporting mission-critical services
- Experience with Java and JVM, Kubernetes and the CNCF ecosystem
- Tremendous attention to detail and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues
- Self-driven and motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem-solving
- Experience in designing and operating large production systems
- Critical mindset and autonomy, you’ll be influencing the product’s architecture and standards
- Good technical communication skills, Software Engineers will look up to you as a leader by example
The Product Team builds their product to disrupt the financial crime industry from a data-led approach.
They partner with our clients using a holistic lens and have result-driven solutions to manage financial risk with a cloud-first platform and a world-class UX interface. Being part of this team, you have a voice in planning, strategizing, and challenging the status quo. Your thoughts and ideas are valued.
Their fast-paced and open environment encourages us to lean in, try new things, and discover our potential. We define and act on what could be in tomorrow's world, not on what is today.