Valispace - Backend Engineer
Valispace is currently hiring a Backend Engineer
About the company:
Valispace is a productivity software and a single source of truth for all of the ‘’loose’’ engineering data of hardware projects, helping engineers streamline efforts from concept to test and escape from document hell! They have one simple mission: to empower engineers to faster craft the complex products that help propel humanity forward.
They are a diverse, kind, curious and ambitious team and take pride in working closely with companies that are building futuristic ideas that seem like magic to us today. That’s right, their users are taking people to space, building flying cars and much more!
If you like the idea of working in an environment that encourages creative and autonomous work, focuses on your growth potential and where there’s always room to discuss the quirks of living on this planet, then they might just be a perfect fit.
Valispace is focusing on solving the challenges engineers face when developing modular hardware. The more modular a product is, the higher the complexity of its own data (content, quantity, interconnections and impacts), possibly with exponential growth. They seek a Backend Engineer to craft the core infrastructure for a data-driven decision-making system. You'll manage, process, and deliver essential features to users, ensuring they have the best tools that provide them with insights that drive their decisions.
About the role:
- Shape the future: You'll be part of a close-knit team with ambitious goals, but you'll also have the freedom and power to define the best way to achieve them. Collaborate with your team to map out the features and technical path that will bring their product vision to life.
- Be part of the backend hivemind: Help define the technical direction of their backend, ensuring it's robust, scalable, and meets the ever-evolving needs of their product.
- Tackle technical challenges, solo and side-by-side: Dive deep into complex technical tasks, working autonomously and alongside your team to optimize their application's systems and lifecycle.
- Champion simplicity and performance: You'll have a keen eye for identifying areas where their services can be simpler and more performant. Be the one to propose and discuss solutions that elevate the user experience and overall efficiency.
- Grow together, share knowledge: They foster a culture of continuous learning and knowledge sharing. You'll have the opportunity to learn from and mentor your teammates, contributing to a collaborative environment where everyone thrives
- 4+ years of experience in developing scalable cloud-based software, microservices and/or event-driven architectures;
- Ability to present options for solutions that are well summarized, weighted against each other and coordinated with affected team members;
- Good knowledge of Python Django;
- Fluency in English (verbal and written);
- Collaborative and a team player;
- Passionate about taking the responsibility of delivering high-quality software, understanding and providing the best experience for the user to solve their needs.
- You like seeing the big picture. Understand that decisions in one area may impact others, so you can take the best approach
What they offer:
- Salary range: 50k - 70k
- Comprehensive health insurance;
- Generous Learning & Development budget and training days;
- Flexible work schedule;
- They have a cool office in central Lisbon with an amazing kitchen and balcony to hang out but you can work from home from time to time as well.
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇