Natixis - IT Production Tech Lead
English, French, Linux, Windows
About the role: They are looking for a Tech Lead in WEB Application Support Engineer to work within their Dev application support team. As a part of this team, you will be expected to develop technical and functional knowledge and handle support for the assigned applications, be proactive towards incident management and identifying effective solutions to recurrent incidents, continuously improve and automate procedures, keep documentation up to date and to keep up with the dev team with regular follow-ups.
The Leasing production team is supporting the BPCE Lease Business. BPCE Lease is a subsidiary company of 700 end users. They use 30 applications to promote leasing deals to professionals and retail clients from banks of our BPCE Group (Banques Populaires, Caisse d’Epargne, Bred…). They finance real estate and furniture like cars, boats, wind turbines, etc.
They are in charge of the IT platforms from digital applications for final customers to back-office applications to pay suppliers and take rent to final customers. This perimeter needs to provide 24/7 support, due to its 'online digital banking' business and due to Control-M jobs/CFT night executing.
These platforms run on Windows for 20% and Linux servers for 80% with Jboss/IBM HTTP Server or Apache/Informatica/Filenet middleware and Databases running on Exadata Oracle servers. Installations are made with XLDeploy/XLRelease, monitoring with Zabbix/Appdynamics/ELK. 90% of their applications are editor's solutions.
Their team manages IT platforms in production (solve incidents and deliver changes on applications and jobs without interruption for customers) and build IT architectures on their internal cloud and cloud providers like AWS, SalesForce, and Azure during business projects. You will work with different teams like dev teams from BPCE SI, and infrastructure and security teams from BPCE IT.
Participate in the Operators' projects under the guidance of the Project Director and/or Project Manager of BPCE Managed Services and Technologies in the construction and production phases of application evolutions
- Ensure the availability of technical resources
- Analyze and correct incidents in levels 2 and 3
- Actively participate in the production and software development processes in conjunction with Operators Editors and provide operational support to project teams
- Implement technical resolution solutions for incidents. Perform diagnostics to identify causes of malfunction, and propose and implement 'backup' fixes and solutions
- Maintain information system applications in operational condition for quality, productivity, and security
- Analyze the operational risks and customer impacts of its area of responsibility
- Ensure the management of environments (definition of needs, validation of development and acceptance environments, monitoring)
- Ensure a role of advice, assistance, information, training, and early warning in integration (definition of the components of the IS, steering of implementation, and guaranteeing the required level of quality).
- Participate in defining usability requirements in their area of responsibility and, where necessary, interface experts in other areas and manage interactions with suppliers.
- Define standards and rules for sound management of operating systems and systematically check their application (IT security, quality, etc.).
- Contribute to the reliability, securing, and optimizing security in its area of responsibility
- Offering innovative solutions to improve the performance of its area of activity
- Ensuring the right level of service quality in line with the requirements of service contracts (SLA) in their area of responsibility
Specificities for integration activities
- Participate in the design and/or choice of solutions (or software package)
- Participate in the production of information system evolutions
- Establish operational preparation files, manufacture or evolve components, test them individually, and ensure that the results comply with the technical specifications
- Integrate the solution or the hardware and/or corrective maintenance into the reference system and ensure the availability of the components
- Actively participate in the certification
In addition, for the Packaging activities
- Install a set of components constituting the version, carry out the porting of the versions, assist the teams with the installation and production of the released versions, manage the repository of the platform (object reference and configuration)
In addition, for the approval activities
- Ensure the approval of the various software, perform the acceptance, validation, installation, and provision of components, and perform the technical tests and reception.
- Perform delivery of the application (deliverables: documentation, components, etc.).
Specificities for support activities
- To ensure that the IT working environment of users is maintained in operational condition by providing assistance, advice, information, and training
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement by relaying the voice of users to competent technical teams
- Can contribute to the evolution of the IS by being involved in projects with an impact on the supported work environment
- Minimum 6 years of experience in web applications, managing migration from WebSphere to JBoss for example
- Good experience in IT web projects based on 3-tier architecture
- Good knowledge of both Linux and Windows environments
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Shell, Python, and/or PowerShell)
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools for web and Java applications (Zabbix, Grafana, Appdynamics, ELK…)
- Good knowledge of security: SSL certificates, reverse proxy, load balancing, firewall, active directory…
- General knowledge of deployment tools (GIT, Jenkins, XL Deploy, XL Release, Bitbucket, Artifactory…)
- Good level of English - minimum B2 (mandatory) and proficient level of French (C1)
- DevOps mindset
- Ability to keep up with a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and evolve
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- On-call required