Bose - Data and Information Architect
Snowflake, Collibra, DBT, ETL
They are looking for a Data and Information Architect within our Data Strategy team, part of the Data and Analytics Center of Excellence. The team is working to build Bose into an elite data organization by modernizing Bose data through enterprise data standards, architectures, and governance.
This will enable analytics and data science teams across the company to drive insights in areas like price optimization, demand forecasting, real-time personalization, and product strategy.
The candidate should have a broad experience with multiple data management disciplines and the ability to step into different roles depending on the phase, scope and technologies of project.
This person will work with product owners, solution architects, application developers, data stewards, data scientists, platform administrators, security engineers and business users to craft and implement data best practices across enterprise Data Management landscape.
If you have a passion for crafting a data-driven culture, join them at Bose and help shape the future of one of the most iconic brands in the world!
- Work with business functions to define business outcomes (answering a business question, defining a business problem) that can be achieved through enterprise data architecture.
- Analyze the current state of data architecture of various systems across the enterprise – software components, technologies, data models and business processes; incorporate this knowledge into Bose Data Governance workflow-oriented platform.
- Propose and enforce data management best practices, data standards, data management policies and rules across different functions of the company
- Generate data management artifacts, like data models diagrams, ETL source-to-target mapping, data dictionaries, data flow diagrams and testing use cases.
- Partner with Legal, Information Security and HR to ensure compliance and security of data including developing solutions around masking, encrypting, pseudonymizing, and synonymizing.
- Partner with Data Engineering, Data Science and Analytical teams to drive data to impact business outcomes.
- Lead vendors evaluation and recommend new and emerging technologies in the areas of data quality, metadata management, master data management, and data enablement technologies.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 8 years of overall enterprise technology experience, enterprise data architecture vision and an understanding of the data management framework. Strong preference for direct experience designing data architecture and management for master data (like Customer, Product, Supply Chain) and analytics data in data marts.
- Experience with data modeling (conceptual, logical, physical) and understanding of ETL/ELT processes design and infrastructure administration.
- Proven experience of cross functional leadership in sophisticated organizations with strong emphasis on influencing and teamwork.
- Be proactive with best practices using modern data platforms such as Snowflake, Salesforce, and Collibra.
- Strong in gaining knowledge of new technologies across data management disciplines and conduct proof of concepts of well-established and innovative enterprise software tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accountability, written and verbal communication skills, time management are key competencies to this position.
- Ability to analyze sophisticated data and ability to communicate data management concepts to technical and non-technical staff, to work independently with minimal direction including the organization and prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines and department goals.