Zendesk - Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Zendesk is currently hiring a Staff Machine Learning Engineer
About the company:
Zendesk’s people have one goal in mind: to make Customer Experience better.
Their products help more than 125,000 global brands (AirBnb, Uber, JetBrains, Slack, among others) make their billions of customers happy, every day.
Their team is responsible for helping Customer Experience teams to achieve their best, by intelligently solving repetitive work, so they can shift their focus to solving more sophisticated problems. They use the latest trends in Machine Learning and AI algorithms to help them on that mission, and they're passionate about empowering their customers.
As a Staff ML Engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing products in collaboration with their ML Scientists and other ML engineers, and delivering high-quality ML and AI products to their customers, at a scale that most companies only dream of.
What you get to do everyday:
- Write clean and maintainable code to support the team’s delivery commitments
- Work closely with engineers and applied scientists to tackle hard problems Zendesk customers face, using ML technology
- Actively contribute to discussions about technical design and standard methodology
- Support the building of MLOps processes in the team
- Investigate and resolve production issues
- Champion initiatives to improve the scalability and robustness of their platforms
What you bring to the role:
- Proficiency in their core language: Python. Experience in Scala/Spark is a bonus, too!
- A discernible passion for data engineering: especially around large-scale data processing
- Exposure to AWS infrastructure is an advantage
- A self-managed and dedicated approach with the ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving capabilities as well as the flexibility (of working style) to deal with changing and conflicting priorities
- Experience building scalable and stable software applications
- Willingness to mentor junior team members, as well as to learn and improve
What their tech stack looks like:
- Their code is mostly written in Python. With some parts in Ruby, Scala, and Java
- Their servers live in AWS
- Their machine learning models rely on PyTorch and Tensorflow
- Their ML pipelines use AWS Batch and EMR
- Their data is stored in S3, RDS MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, and Aurora
- Their services are deployed to Kubernetes using Docker, and use Kafka for stream-processing
What they offer:
- Ownership of the product features implementation you work on
- What you will be doing will have a huge impact
- Team of passionate people who love what they do!
- Exciting features, ability to implement your own ideas and improvements
- Opportunity to learn and grow!
- Possibility to specialise in areas like security, performance and reliability
...and everything you need to be effective and maintain work-life balance
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development funds
- Comfortable office and a remote setup
- Premium Medical Insurance as well as Private Life Assurance
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇