PMI - DevOps Tech Lead
DevOps, CDN, AWS, security, FIrewall
PMI is recruiting a DevOps Tech Lead
MAKE HISTORY WITH PMI!
At PMI, they have chosen to do something incredible. They are totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to deliver a smoke-free future.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join them, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Their future is Tech based. To build it, they need your help.
JOINING THE DIGITAL PRODUCTS PORTFOLIO
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future implies a shift from a tobacco manufacturer to a science and technology-based consumer-facing organization.
Such a shift creates an abundance of unique and transformative IT projects to match all levels of skills and ambitions. You’ll feel like you’re working in a start-up – with the freedom to shape and define the future of digital, but with the support and scope of a vast global business. You’ll get a chance to work with cutting-edge technologies (e.g., Cloud, APIs, AI) as well as management practices (e.g., Agile, Design Thinking, Product Management). Their environment is fast-paced and highly collaborative. If you want the freedom to find new ways to connect with consumers, there’s no better place to progress your career.
Digital at PMI is dynamic, diverse, and disruptive. Join us and become a part of a top talent team where you can bring new insights to life in a global function that is a key driver of the success of our business.
About the role: As Tech lead, you will collaborate with the team in making the Digital Product vision, a reality. You will develop a solution and work with the team to get it implemented. You are relentless in your pursuit of engineering excellence, even when that means challenging the status quo. You are the champion of delivering solutions that meet the needs of the business design team and are loved by your users and customers (e.g. through user research or user-centric design). You’ll know that transformation requires a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality.
- Collaborate with Domain, Group and Solution Architects to continuously re-validate and evolve CDN/WAF strategy.
- Build and maintain a service/capability roadmap aligned with Architectural guidelines and reflecting functional and non-functional requirements.
- Drive implementation/optimization/configuration of content delivery network services to optimize consumer experience.
- Maintain and enhance our web application firewall (WAF) capabilities to safeguard their services from threats.
- Lead a technical team responsible for CDN/WAF, ensuring best practices are followed and delivery meets commitment.
- Coordinate with other Teams to ensure they are aware and leverage CDN/WAF capabilities to optimize their services.
- Continuously monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of their content delivery platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field. More advanced degrees are preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Experience in managing one of the major CDN provider solutions like Akamai, Cloudflare, and AWS.
- Strong understanding of web application firewalls and web security best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and strategically.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good stakeholder management, and ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
Learning & Development: Your growth is a priority. Their robust and varied learning & development ecosystem will help you strengthen your technical skills and enhance your soft skills and eye for business. The capabilities you will acquire with them will support your life-time employability within IT, PMI, and beyond.
Inclusion & Diversity: Their differences - much more than our similarities - generate the innovation they are looking for. They aspire to build a diverse and inclusive organisation to access the breadth and depth of thinking and sensitivity necessary to thrive
Every single IT colleague is part of their Transformation journey. Join them and pursue your ambitions – their staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress. If this offer resonates with you, they look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you.