Zendesk - Machine Learning Scientist
Zendesk is currently hiring a Machine Learning Scientist
Zendesk’s people have one goal in mind: to make Customer Experience better.
Their products help more than 125,000 global brands (AirBnb, Uber, JetBrains, Slack, among others) make their billions of customers happy, every day.
Their team is responsible for helping Customer Experience teams to achieve their best, by intelligently solving repetitive work, so they can shift their focus to solving more sophisticated problems. They use the latest trends in Machine Learning and AI algorithms to help them on that mission, and they're passionate about empowering their customers.
You will be embedded in a multi-functional team, closely collaborating with scientists, engineers and product managers. You will contribute to the Research road map of Zendesk, by researching and building efficient machine learning solutions that can power AI capabilities, such as macro suggestions for admins and semantic search.
What you'll be doing:
- Pair with applied ML scientists to learn about their technology stack and architecture
- Collaborate with ML teams to research, build and improve efficient AI solutions with a significant impact on customer support
- Solve meaningful and challenging problems with recent ML techniques including neural networks and information retrieval
- Support productionizing ML techniques and learn how to design for scale
- Collaborate with hardworking, experienced, and humble colleagues around the globe
- Present your work to a multi-disciplinary, global audience
- Stay up to date with recent literature in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) and share knowledge internally
- Champion initiatives to improve the quality and robustness of Zendesk AI capabilities
- Mentor junior colleagues and set a high standard for applied research at Zendesk
What you bring to the role
- MSc degree in computer science, electrical engineering, math, or related areas
- A solid foundation in statistics and machine learning techniques
- Good programming skills in Python
- Experience with at least one of the main deep learning libraries (Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch), preferably PyTorch
- A desire to learn and grow
- Be curious and eager to understand the fundamentals of AI in a critical way
- Be pragmatic and results oriented
- PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering, math, or related areas.
- Knowledge and experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a bonus, specifically related to generative language models and information retrieval
- Great written and verbal communication skills, with experience conveying technical concepts to a diverse audience of partners
- A collaborative and can-do attitude
What they offer:
- Ownership of the product features implementation you work on
- What you will be doing will have a huge impact
- Team of passionate people who love what they do!
- Exciting features, ability to implement your own ideas and improvements
- Opportunity to learn and grow!
- Possibility to specialise in areas like security, performance and reliability
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇