Altar.io - Fullstack Developer
Porto, Aveiro, Braga, Lisbon
Altar.io is hiring a Fullstack developer to join their amazing team.
Product & Software House working with entrepreneurs and business leaders from all over the world
About: Altar.io is a Lisbon, London, and Milan based team of experienced 2nd-time founders and top 1% talent. They build digital products for entrepreneurs and business leaders who want to revolutionize their industries.
They work in a range of fields including RegTech, FinTech, MARTech, Procurement and much more. Their technologies are used to connect people around the world.
Are you an experienced Fullstack Developer looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top-talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With them, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention, exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
As a Fullstack Developer, you will be working with both the front and back ends of websites/applications. You will provide a complete, end-to-end service for demanding web projects.
With them, you’ll not be alone working with these cutting-edge technologies. You’ll be among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT.
About the role:
As a Fullstack Developer, you’ll be:
- Able to collaborate on any phase of the development flow, namely, Database queries, Back-End, Front-End, and DevOps;
- Responsible for writing Unit and Integration Test for BE and FE Code;
- Requirement gathering and project planning rituals.
- 4+ years of experience with Web Application Development;
- Experience with traditional Databases, namely MongoDB and PostgreSQL;
- Experience writing “single-threaded” Node.js applications;
- Some experience with modern CSS Frameworks such as TailwindsCSS;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Experience working with major cloud vendors such as GCP or AWS or Azure.
- Design: Figma;
- State Management: Redux, Akita, Elf, Observable Store, NgRx, Jotai, Zustain;
- APIs: REST, GraphQL;
- Mobile: Flutter, ReactNative, Ionic, Nativescript;
- Back-End: Node.js, Express.js;
- Machine Learning: Python, TensorFlowJS;
- Cloud Services: AWS, GCP, Azure;
- Databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, InfluxDB (TimeSeries);
- CI/CD: CircleCI, GitHub Actions;
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes;
- Testing: Cypress, Jest, Karma;
- Collaboration: Slack, Jira, Notion, Confluence.
What You Can Expect from their Recruitment Process:
Our process starts with us screening your CV. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one-hour interview with their Recruitment Team, so they can get to know you better;
- A technical challenge to solve at home with a deadline of five days;
- A one-and-a-half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience;
- A final one-hour interview to make sure they are the right fit for you, and you are the right fit for them.
What You Can Expect from Working with Altar.io:
Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- Health Insurance for you and your household;
- They need you to be eligible to work in Portugal and live in either Lisbon, Porto, Aveiro or Braga (or be happy to relocate). While they have a remote-first policy, they encourage you to join them at their informal, pet-friendly office environment;
- Flexible working hours;
- 25 days of paid vacation;
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners, Cinema night, and much more.
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career:
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential;
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively;
- Global projects with industry-leading clients;
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side.