Bose is hiring a Power BI Expert to join their amazing team
About BOSE: They’re passionate engineers, developers, researchers, retailers, marketers … and dreamers. Bose Professional audio is about creating incredible experiences — from an unforgettable live music event to a clear conference call that gets the whole team on the same page. Those exceptional experiences don’t just happen. They need to be built, one piece at a time.
At Bose Professional, they spent more than 40 years finding new ways to bring quality audio products to people—stadiums, performing arts theaters, house of worship, restaurant & retail venues and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. Bose relies on exceptional people to create and deliver these products and experiences to their customers.
What you will be working on?
Do you love working with data? Would you like to use your Data Analytics skills to solve real-world problems and improve people’s lives by analyzing App, product, voice of customer and financial data? Bose produces innovative products and experiences that improve their customer’s lives. This is a unique opportunity to shape the experiences, technologies, and products that millions of people will use.
As part of the CoE team, you will evangelize a data-driven culture throughout the organization and enable products grounded in science which improve our customer’s experience.
This Power BI Developer role will drive analysis and reporting across many diverse data sets to make sure we deliver impact from our data products and services. This includes identifying and categorizing patterns across product and app usage, analysis of review data, and creating dashboards and reports that provide actionable business metrics. This work will directly inform and influence product decisions at all stages of the lifecycle and business strategies.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of data analytics and visualizations, coupled with the creativity and business acumen needed to develop insight. Because you will often serve as an internal expert about the data, what it means and how it can be used to solve business problems, you can demonstrate that you have experience deeply understanding the data structure and applying rigorous analytical methods to derive actionable recommendations. They are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented analyst who can transform raw data into meaningful insights, providing actionable recommendations. This individual will be part of an extended team.
What your responsibilities will look like:
- Analyze vast data sets from various sources to extract actionable insights.
- Utilize Power BI to develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and other data visualizations.
- Create complex calculations and KPIs using DAX
- Manipulate and analyze data by building SQL queries
- Query complex/large datasets in Snowflake and build Power BI data models
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and comprehend business needs
- Communicate findings and insights to stakeholders through written and verbal reports
- Use storytelling techniques to inspire action and drive results.
- Create and manage Confluence pages to document data sources and procedures
- Work with DBT to model and transform data for analytics purposes
- Continuously monitor data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and reliability to identify opportunities for data quality improvement.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies related to data analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Enhance and streamline data analysis processes by creating Power BI ecosystem solutions.
Qualifications (demonstrated competence):
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, data science, mathematics, or statistics
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, business intelligence, or a related field
- Strong Power BI, DAX, SQL, and visualization skills
- Proficient in Snowflake, Confluence, and DBT
- Strong analytical skills with experience in data manipulation, modelling, and interpretation
- Experience working with consumer electronic products and app data is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A life-long learner who is curious has a passion for solving hard, ill-defined problems, has comfort taking initiative and continuously seeks to improve their skills and understanding
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a high level of attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇