Daymon - Web Scraping Engineer
Daymon is recruiting a Web Scraping Engineer
About: Daymon drives Private Brand innovation, differentiation and results. They are the only solution provider that influences all aspects of Private Brand development, from strategy to execution to consumer engagement. Their unique approach helps retailers and brands set themselves apart — boosting brand presence, category effectiveness and speed to shelf. Daymon offers a full suite of best-in-class Private Brand development services, including:
- Strategy, analytics and insights
- Product development and sourcing
- Supplier development and management
- Sales execution and account management
- Design and packaging management
About the role:
- Experience in the retail environment and ability to understand business
- Experience in Food retail is considered a plus
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Able to manage projects, processes, timelines, and multiple stakeholders at various levels
- Strong interest in developing a Business Intelligence area.
- Have a proven problem-solving mindset and skills.
- Have good presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or closely related fields (or equivalent experience); Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency with Python (strongly preferred) or NodeJS
- Experience with HTTP and Networking
- Good Understanding and experience with SQL scripting (preferred Microsoft SQL Server)
- Knowledge in frontend tools such as Tableau (preferred), PowerBI, or QlikView is considered a plus
- Knowledge in multiprocessing and multithreading
- Knowledge of Proxy integration is considered a plus
- Knowledge of Captcha solving is considered a plus
- Develop stable scraping strategies for scraping information from various websites
- Analyse websites for best crawling methods and strategies.
- Define strategies for monitoring the validity of the extracted data
- Optimize the calls made to a website to avoid banning
- Debug and maintain scrapers (You will own the process to identify and rectify any issues with breaks as well as scale scrapes as needed)
- Inserting and structuring data into Microsoft SQL database tables
- Support with creative visualization techniques for current dashboards and new reports development.
- Develop and support creating custom analytics reports on retail products and brand activity (pricing, promotions, placement, content etc.).
- Support the other teams that depend on obtaining data.
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇