PMI - Tech Lead Engineer (Backend)
AWS, AEM, java, Tech Leading
PMI is recruiting a Backend Tech Lead
MAKE HISTORY WITH PMI!
At PMI, they have chosen to do something incredible. They are totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to deliver a smoke-free future.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join them, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Their future is Tech based. To build it, they need your help.
JOINING THE DIGITAL PRODUCTS PORTFOLIO
The Digital Consumer Engagement Products portfolio plays a critical role in delivering PMI’s Smoke-Free Future. They are enabling digital services to their consumers and retailers by building platforms to communicate their vision to broader society. Together with talent from multiple business and technology functions across their footprint, they are delivering a premium experience for their consumers.
When you join this team, you will work in a dynamic, diverse, and warm environment. You will be primarily focusing on defining your Digital Product vision, regularly engaging with your customers to gather feedback and understand their needs to increase value. You will be part of all stages of Digital Product incremental value delivery.
What’s the purpose of this role?
As Tech lead, you will collaborate with the solution & domain architect in making the Digital Product vision, reality.
You ensure that the solution getting implemented adheres to the design & you constructively challenge where you believe improvements and opportunities exist.
What you’ll be doing
- Establishing a strong quality assurance engineering culture within the Backend chapter.
- Establish, implement and monitor quality assurance processes and practices.
- Understand, implement and measure key Business and Engineering metrics around performance, quality and availability and work regularly with the team to push the boundaries and improve them periodically.
- Foster and build a culture of actively engaging team members in engineering and design discussions.
- Help delivery teams in grooming and prioritisation of Backend focused technical debts.
- Leading and contributing towards organisation wide tech initiatives and transformations.
- Mentoring and coach backend engineers.
- Help the organisation in building a top-quality team by participating in hiring initiatives.
- Extensive experience in backend engineering, JAVA as a must have with solutions such as Adobe AEM and SAP Hybris being a plus.
- Extensive experience in developing maintaining and running APIs (REST and GraphQL).
- Experience of leading a small team.
- Good communication skills, should be able to articulate thoughts and ideas to engineering and non-engineering audiences.
- Expertise in all common AWS Cloud technologies, Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows.
- Proven track record in building highly available and scalable distributed systems.
- A keen eye to quality with regards to following and establishing good coding practices, improving code coverage.
- Good stakeholder management, ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders.