Indie Campers - Engineering Manager
TypeScript, AWS, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Node.js
Indie Campers is recruiting a Engineering Manager
Indie campers is on a mission to bring the best travelling experiences to the consumer :D
To guarantee the high performance of all the algorithms that manage the business's logistics, they must keep our development in the most advanced technologies to overcome the challenges they will face.
The Indie Campers Technology Team is responsible for developing all the products used by Travellers, Hosts, Sellers, and tools for their Indie Colleagues.
They work with AWS, and our monolith tech-stack is constituted by Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Vue.js + Nuxt, and Postgres database (and more).
On the backend, due to their fast growth, they moved to microservices and transitioned from Ruby to Node.js!
On the front-end, they are on the way to changing their stack to React + Next.
They are scaling their tech team by onboarding people who embrace their core values:
- Be Customer First - they have to provide the best service at the best price to all customers.
- Be Humble - they all still have to prove themselves to the world.
- Be Bold - if they don't make things differently, the world will not change. Be aware of the risks, but not afraid to fail.
- Be Tech-Driven - how can you solve problems with technology and automated tools?
- Be Results-Oriented - Attitude and hard work can take you all the way.
- Be Entrepreneur - be more innovative than your competition
- Be Frugal - is there a more straightforward and quick way to do it?
If you recognize yourself in these values, you will find a multicultural, informal environment that is challenging and appealing and that will give you fast-growing opportunities.
What you can expect from them:
- They want you to continue to have an adventurous spirit with travel incentives (including free use of the vans).
- They do a bi-yearly performance cycle.
- They have an International Environment, with employees from over 24 nationalities.
- They engage in frequent Team Events (physically and virtually).
- They offer a yearly 500 euros travel voucher.
- They support your development with training incentives.
- They provide an extra vacation day for your birthday and the company's birthday is also a holiday.
- They have a yearly company retreat with lots of fun activities.
- They provide free snacks, coffee, and such to boost your energy.
What do they expect from you:
As a Tech IndieCamper, it is expected to:
- Get involved with the business and gather stakeholders' feedback.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts.
- Own the code end-to-end by producing clean, reusable, efficient code based on specifications, testing, and deploying it to production.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing code.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Actively collaborate in SCRUM events in your best capacity.
- Sufficient knowledge of AWS service, components, Docker containers, Git/GitHub, and deployment pipelines.
- Express yourself fluently in Portuguese and/or English.
- 4+ years of experience in product development.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- You have built and managed engineering teams, and worked with remote stakeholders
- You have strong engineering experience, preferably working with ReactJS or Ruby on Rails or NodeJS.
- Other languages like Typescript will be a plus.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Experience with message brokers like RabbitMQ, Kafka, and SNS/SQS.
- Capability to integrate and optimize databases like Postgres and Redis.
- Understanding the concepts of Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices architecture, event-driven, and CQRS pattern.
They offer the option to relocate to Lisbon (for candidates from Brasil).
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇