Voleon - Senior DevOps Engineer
DevOps, Python, Golang, Jenkins, AWS, Terraform, Docker
Voleon is recruiting a Senior DevOps Engineer
A platform for the development and deployment of cutting-edge technologies in investment management.
About: Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, they led their industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. They become a multibillion-dollar asset manager and they have ambitious goals for the future.
At Voleon you´ll find internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape their company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and BMX racing. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
About the role: As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work with the software engineering, research, and systems teams to build the backbone of their business. In this role you will serve as a force multiplier to maximize the productivity of the personnel, tools, and workflows that deliver software at Voleon.
- Support Voleon's build processes and continuous delivery tools, manage software development tools, and automate systems and operations
- Work with stakeholders and product teams to create robust, high-performance software and systems architectures
- Establish and promote best practices for software development and testing
- Design and support implementations of production infrastructure and applications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
- At least eight years of experience with software development or production systems support
- Fluent with Python or at least two other software languages such as Groovy, R, or Go
- Experience implementing and supporting continuous Integration platforms such as Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, or Bamboo
- Experience with automated software testing practices and tools
- Extensive experience with common containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Power user of Git
- Experience administering AWS or similar cloud infrastructure platforms via Terraform or other Infrastructure-as-Code tools
- Familiar with Agile project management concepts
- Ability to initiate and lead cross-team technical projects
- Experience with configuration automation tools, such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet
- Exposure to virtualization tools such as KVM
- Experience configuring and using the ELK stack
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, or related tools
- Experience with the Bazel build system
- Background in Linux/Unix administration
- Understanding of relational databases (primarily PostgreSQL) and NoSQL data management tools
- Eagerness to work with diverse teams
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇