Athenian - Senior Backend Engineer (Applications) - Full remote
GCP, k8s, Docker, PostgreSQL, Scala, Python, machine learning, Jenkins, Pandas, Numpy, SQL, Golang, C++, Redis, GitHub Actions, SAAS, Cloud
Athenian is recruiting a Backend Software Engineer.
About: At Athenian, their mission is to help engineering leaders build better software, faster by leveraging metrics and insights. They provide a data-enabled engineering platform that offers end-to-end visibility into the software delivery lifecycle.
They are a team of 25+ working remotely across the world. They are committed to building a healthy and diverse team of individuals who are ready to grow and care about their mission and values.
They are looking for individuals from all backgrounds to join them in building the next category leader in the space together with their amazing investors, and customers, large and small.
About the role:
As a Software Engineer on the Application team at Athenian, you will have a large impact in shaping the product and the opportunity to work alongside our highly skilled team to design, build, and iterate on a world-class software web application.
You are expected to contribute to the API part of the backend which is currently public on GitHub, and the corresponding OpenAPI specification is open source. They deploy the API in Google Kubernetes Engine.
They are engineers building a product for engineers and doing so with a sense of pride and ownership. You will be a part of a collaborative environment where you will work closely together with product and engineering to understand user needs, and discuss new ideas to solve complex problems.
What they are looking for
- Full professional proficiency in English, written and spoken. The ability to communicate comes first, no matter the level of technical skills
- Strong experience with writing high performant, asynchronous, type hinted Python3 code.
- Strong experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of pandas and numpy.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with scalable backend design: load balancing, fault tolerance, etc.
- Experience with OpenAPI.
- Experience with pytest or alternative.
- Experience with Shell scripting.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Strong knowledge of Git tools and concepts.
- Knowledge of basic mathematical & statistical concepts.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform or similar.
- Strong experience in writing performant and complex SQL preferably with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with various Python WEB frameworks (Django, FastAPI, AIOHTTP, etc.).
- Experience with building analytics-based API servers.
- Experience with SQLAlchemy or other ORM or SQL libraries.
- Experience with writing Cython code.
- Experience with websockets server implementation.
- Experience with Redis, memcached, or similar.
- Experience with event-driven backend architectures.
- Experience with GitHub Actions, Circle CI, and Jenkins.
- Good knowledge of Python asyncio library.
- Knowledge of C/C++ or Rust.
- Experiments with Data Science.
- Having worked remotely.
- Having worked in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Having worked in a cross-functional team
- Having worked on a SaaS product.
- Having used modern collaboration tooling (Jira, GitHub, Slack, Zoom, etc.).
- Screening Call
- Technical Assessment (Remote, async)
- Technical Interview & Q&A + Architecture Interview & Manager Interview
- Offer or feedback
- Fully remote work & flexible hours;
- 37 days/year of vacation & holidays
- paid time off, and unlimited sick days;
- Health insurance allowance (75EUR per month);
- Company-provided equipment;
- Remote work & equipment allowances;
- Company-sponsored in-person events twice a year (in 2022, we met in Comporta, Portugal & Madrid, Spain!)
- Stock options.