Canvas.io - Computer Vision Engineer
3D, C++, Computer Vision, Deep learning
Canvas.io is recruiting a Computer Vision Engineer
A 3D solution For Every Project
Canvas mobile 3D capture application is transforming the remodeling and renovation industry. Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes and then convert it into a CAD model. They are a global remote-first company with a presence in the United States and Europe and have many distributed employees.
In 2013 they released the world's first mobile 3D sensor. Over the years they've built a top technology for SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and conversion of scans into semantic CAD models. In 2020, Canvas was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor (http://bit.ly/3jHi68Z).
What they are looking for:
They are now looking for Computer Vision Engineers to join their team and help them build and improve the technological foundation of the company. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this role will involve a healthy mix of classical 3D computer vision and modern deep learning engineering, focused around 3D scanning, 3D reconstruction, SLAM, and scene understanding domains. They don't separate research from development. In this role, you'll be writing production code with focus on quality and value for customers, at the forefront of state-of-the-art computer vision.
- Develop new and improve existing computer vision algorithms in the field of house-scale 3D reconstruction (from LiDAR and/or monocular camera), SLAM, and scene understanding.
- Build efficient implementations of algorithms and deliver them to production.
- Remain up to date with the latest advances in computer vision and deep learning technology, and apply them to their products.
- Work closely with the Ops team to automate and optimize the process of converting 3D scans of spaces into CAD models.
- Work closely with the iOS team to improve real-time scanning experience for their scanning app users.
- Experience in 3D computer vision R&D such as 3D scanning, RGBD algorithms, visual SLAM, sensor calibration and fusion, multi-view geometry, tracking and pose estimation, etc.
- Hands-on experience with deep learning, good knowledge of modern techniques and frameworks.
- Ability to quickly evaluate applicability and value of existing state-of-the-art research for their product needs.
- Experience with writing production C++ code.
- Solid math background, especially in 3D math and linear algebra.
- Good spoken and written English, with the majority of communication being written.
Nice to have:
- Deep learning experience in application to 3D computer vision problems.
- Experience of working with large production C++ codebases.
- Leadership skills, a track record in engineering leadership roles.
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance, meals, and relocation benefits
Want to know more? Get in touch with us 👇